Monday 3 March 2014

New Unit! Community

How We Organize Ourselves

Central Idea: 
The work people perform helps build community

Lines of Inquiry:
The jobs people do in owe community support it's development
We take on roles each day and this helps build a strong community (home/school)

The children are aware of many services in the community. 
To generate more ideas we played "What If"
What if you were hungry?
What if you were sick?

The discussion turned when Sophie said her dad goes on an airplane for a work trip. 
"What do your parents do at work?" 
The children know where they go during the day - school - and they know what they do there. They were less knowledgeable about what their parents do at work.
Tyreese - My mom goes to school and my dad goes to the office.
Byron - My dad's a surgeon and my mom doesn't work.
Jayla - My dad cleans up my toys and my mom cleans up my brothers toys.
Rylan and Rielle - Our dad works and our mom cleans up and just drives kids to school.
Sophie - My mom goes to her school and my dad goes to his school.

Research Survey
The children are collecting information. 
Please fill in the chart on the door telling us what kind of work you do

No comments:

Post a Comment