Tuesday 15 January 2013

Sharing Our Talents

Sharing Our Talents is an Act of Generosity

We all have talents that we can share with others and we have experienced 
the benefits of others sharing their talents with us.

Yesterday Simone asked me "Wendy, what is your talent?" I shared the story of how growing up my mom made excellent peanut butter cookies and she shared this talent with me and I learned how to make these delicious cookies.
reading my mom's recipe
Today I showed the children how to make peanut butter cookies and they helped measure, pour, mix and roll the dough into little balls and then flatten them with a fork.  We made so many cookies that there was enough to share with all the other children - another act of generosity!
rolling balls

flattening with a fork






Leading a discussion, I asked the children about their parent's talents and if they've shown them how to do something. Here are their responses:
"My dad taught me how to ski at Whistler cabin." - Esme
"My mom showed me how to make cupcakes and cookies, that's her talent. My dad taught me how to ski at Grouse Mountain." - Simone
"My dad showed me how to make sausages and mommy showed me how to paint a picture." - Alfie
"My dad taught me how to make sprinkle cupcakes." - Sofia
"My mommy showed me how to make sugar cookies." - Bela

The children recorded this in their journals.

1 comment: