Tuesday 19 November 2013

We Decorate: Mouse's Birthday!

The children have made connections between decorations and celebrations. 
Today we explored a celebration they know very well - birthdays!
I webbed the children knowledge:
"What do you know about birthdays?"
We went over their ideas and I asked "Is this a decoration?" 
I drew a box around the decorations. The children determined that some things were decorations (balloons and flowers) and some things were decorated (cake, goody bags).
I introduced "my friend" Mouse, it's his birthday and he'd like to celebrate.
The children quickly set to work decorating the drama room with things they determined were decorations: balloons, fabric and flowers.
They decorated a cake with coloured icing and sprinkles.
The candles were lit and everyone sang Happy Birthday for Mouse!



Happy Birthday Mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment