Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sound Travels: Music Webs

The children have some definite ideas about the music they'll compose!
What feelings and ideas do you want to express?
What instruments and sounds will you use?

Tyreese:
Sad music: The babies are crying because the fire engine put them in jail. The babies are in big trouble because they banged all the trumpets down!
Cello, guitar, crying, sirens

Oliver:
Happy music: I'm ice skating with all my friends. I keep trying to skate backwards but I keep falling down. It's a little tricky for me.
Bass drum, tuba

Rielle:
Sad music: A giant came and stomped on the bumblebees. Giants love stomping on bumblebees. Stomp! Stomp! The bumblebees were hurt but they got up.
Trumpet, saxophone, stomping sounds

Alan:
Loud music: There's trouble! Trouble with bad guys, they push everything down and we have to go to China
Cymbals, guitar

Sophie:
Mad music: The mermaids are swimming to the city. They swam so far away and it made the dolphin mad!
Bongo drums, harps

Rylan:
Brave music: Drivers are in cars driving to Africa to play. But there's soldiers there, bad soldiers. The drivers get out and the soldiers fight them. Then "poof" they were gone!
Oboe, xylophone, fighting sounds, poof sound

Esme:
Happy song: There's flowers growing in my garden. I pick some flowers for my grandma and give them to her to keep. Grandma's happy!
Harp, glockenspiel

No comments:

Post a Comment