Monday 6 May 2013

Trees - Poetry


Another way to express the love of climbing trees is through poetry.

Margaret Atwood wrote a lovely poem called Up in a Tree
and what better place to hear it than in the woods.
The children and I found a spot far off the path surrounded by trees and read poetry about trees. 

Some of the children were inspired to write their own poems . . . 

I love climbing trees
I love trees
Trees make me happy
-Sofia


Look! I'm up in a tree!
I'm so happy.
-Roy

Simone worked hard at trying to create poems that rhyme:

I am a tree
I am a leaf
I come and freeze
I am a bee
I make honey from a tree
I am a fly
I like to lie
-Simone

I climb when I'm a person
I fly when I'm a bird
I like climbing trees
It's my favourite responsibility
-Simone




2 comments:

  1. Simone could be Canada's new national Bard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simone could be Canada's new national Bard

    ReplyDelete